Need Roxul for Insert... where to buy!?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pertzbro

Feeling the Heat
Aug 2, 2016
NW Iowa
I'm going to put a block off plate for my insert and insulate above the blockoff plate and behind the insert. I have an exterior chimney. I cant seem to find anywhere that will ship it to me. Home Depot wont ship and Lowes requires I buy 3 packages of 12 rolls. I live in a rural area.

Also, should I be using the Comfort Bat? I see i can get the Rock Board from some online Acoustic companies, but that probably wont work due to it's rigidity.

Stove shops often have rolls of kaowool. If ya ask nice they may cut you off some.

I got mine at Lowes. Had to buy a full bag.

So glad they now have it at Lowe's. Back when I did mine I had to buy it at a construction company bankruptcy sale because nobody was selling it in any stores.

Yes comfort batt r-15. You could use the rock board behind the insert and may have to if theres not enough room.

Status
Not open for further replies.