Need help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mooch

Jan 23, 2019
Jm
I need help from real world users and first hand users. I'm buying a new ZC high efficiency wood burner. I'm in between the quadrafire pioneer 3 and the fireplace xtrordinair 42 apex and 36 elite. Also the Supreme astra 38. If anybody has some input on these units that would be much appreciated. Thanks

Given the cost of installation, have you considered the tax credit? The only one that qualifies so far is the Montecito Estate Catalytic fireplace. The tax credit is 26% on the whole installation, so the saving is significant.

IHP is the parent company. It's sold by Astria. This was on the market for a long time under the Lennox brand name.

IHP is the parent company. It's sold by Astria. This was on the market for a long time under the Lennox brand name.
Would you know anything about the position pressure on the xtrordinair 44 elite? Would it cause more or less or no difference in humidity?

Heating air in the winter is going to raise the interior temp above the dew point. The higher it is above the dew point, the lower the humidity.

Heating air in the winter is going to raise the interior temp above the dew point. The higher it is above the dew point, the lower the humidity.
Sorry I meant to say positive pressure system the the fpx 44 elite uses to bring fresh air in from outside and heat that. Verses recirculating room air. So to clear up my question is bringing in let's say 20° air and it clashes with the hot firebox does or wouldn't that cause condensation?

Which one did you end up going with?
I went with a fireplace xtrordinair Apex 42. It is awesome lots of heat. It does take lots of wood tho. To be expected. Very happy

Need help Need help

Reactions: Schmi17