Need a new stove...for real this time

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Interesting, I thought the P61-2 was the Canadian version and the P61A was the USA. I’ve yet to see a P61A in Canada...10-15 I’ve looked at
You could be right but I’ve seen some 2’s here in the Northeast US.

Reactions: Washed-Up
Mine is p61-2. I noticed two wires, one is blue that are not connected to anything. I thought maybe they were for auto ignite if a person wanted to upgrade. Mine is still manual
Ahh that just jogged my memory.....most of the P61-2s I have seen are manual ignition. Interesting.

Reactions: Washed-Up
Same here. Brrrrr.
Is that 25 below 0 or 25 below freezing (32)? Coldest I ever remember in northern Michigan was - -45 actual at Whitefish Point one winter about 20 years ago.

Is that 25 below 0 or 25 below freezing (32)? Coldest I ever remember in northern Michigan was - -45 actual at Whitefish Point one winter about 20 years ago.

-25*F.

We've had a few nights in the -30s over the past few years, but I don't think we've seen -40s. We're close enough to Superior that she keeps us a bit warmer than the temps away from the shoreline.

Reactions: SidecarFlip
-25*F.

We've had a few nights in the -30s over the past few years, but I don't think we've seen -40s. We're close enough to Superior that she keeps us a bit warmer than the temps away from the shoreline.
...and cooler in the summer. Superior is COLD year around. I didn't believe it until I dipped my feet in it mid summer. One of my hunting buddies has a cabin near Whitefish point and we fish there in the summer. Used to sled up there but I outgrew the snowmachine thing. Had too many people I knew that got hurt real bad on sleds, usually from drinking the beverage and going too fast and I confess, I too had a fast sled. a 1000cc Thundercat. 220 picks in the track and an idiot on the thumb throttle. I'm lucky I didn't kill myself. remember cooking across a frozen lake one time and looking down at the speedo and it was laying flat on 150. After that, my enjoyment factor left pretty quick and I sold them, I had 3 cats. 2 triples, a 1000 and a 600 and a fuel injected twin. Don't miss them at all.

One of the guys I hunt with has some serious titanium in his hip from a sled crash.

Was fun (and expensive) when I was younger. Now, I'd rather sit in front of the fire and read a book.

Will all be a distant memory in a few months anyway. Looking forward to that actually. When it gets warm, it's time to think about farming real hard.