My 2013 - 2014 setup

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyp2339

Minister of Fire
Feb 16, 2014
all in all its about 9 cord of wood, only went through about half, just killed off what was under the blue tarp today, its sitting on my porch waiting..lol I love being a firewood addict!!!
My 2013 - 2014 setup My 2013 - 2014 setup My 2013 - 2014 setup My 2013 - 2014 setup My 2013 - 2014 setup My 2013 - 2014 setup My 2013 - 2014 setup My 2013 - 2014 setup

all in all its about 9 cord of wood, only went through about half, just killed off what was under the blue tarp today, its sitting on my porch waiting..lol I love being a firewood addict!!!
View attachment 128693 View attachment 128694 View attachment 128695 View attachment 128696 View attachment 128697 View attachment 128698 View attachment 128699 View attachment 128700

Hi Kenny,

How much time it take you to split all 9 cords and was it by hand or hydro? Great motivational pics. Makes me want to c/s/s right now.

It was all done in sections, If looking at the pictures, all the stuff that's on the single racks and the pallets to the right were split by hand, I made a deal with myself to split 10 logs a day, so it went pretty quick, the large pile with the quad in front of it was split by an iron and oak 20 ton fs that I borrowed from a friend, did it all in one day.. I enjoy splitting by hand, but the log splitter makes short work of anything and if your stacking on pallets you get a more uniformed splits with a log splitter

It was all done in sections, If looking at the pictures, all the stuff that's on the single racks and the pallets to the right were split by hand, I made a deal with myself to split 10 logs a day, so it went pretty quick, the large pile with the quad in front of it was split by an iron and oak 20 ton fs that I borrowed from a friend, did it all in one day.. I enjoy splitting by hand, but the log splitter makes short work of anything and if your stacking on pallets you get a more uniformed splits with a log splitter
Great job! It looks like fun. I can't wait to put my x27 to use. It's still brand new. Need to find wood in my area.

Status
Not open for further replies.