Morsø 1410 too big for 200sqft tiny house?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

hawthorn

May 14, 2024
ma

Curious if this is acceptable (not too big) for a 200sqft space? I live in Upstate NY - winters can get below 0 but generally in the 20-30 degree range in the thick of winter.

Its clearances are quite significant,.20" each side and 16" in the back.
Do you have a 5 ft x 2.5 ft area available for this?
They even recommend 70 cm =28" to furniture.

I think a stove with a convection jacket (and lower clearances) would work better in a small room.
But that's my opinion.

Reactions: hawthorn
Its clearances are quite significant,.20" each side and 16" in the back.
Do you have a 5 ft x 2.5 ft area available for this?
They even recommend 70 cm =28" to furniture.

I think a stove with a convection jacket (and lower clearances) would work better in a small room.
But that's my opinion.

thanks for your reply. the footprint is 8' x 24' - basically a big open room with a loft.

are there materials that can be used as a heat shield to reduce clearance?

otherwise, looking at a cubic mini grizzly or a salamander stove but seems that they will take a lot of refilling to keep temp up.

apologies if there are already threads about this, i've been deep in the research rabbit hole.

i will look into the convection jacket comment...

Reducing clearances is only allowed if the manual says so, I believe.

Clearances will be an issue if trying to install by the book. Marine stoves are built for tight spaces. Here is a thread on tiny home stoves that may be helpful.

Many Tiny Home building codes are similar to mobile home requirements, and the 1410 can't be installed into a Mobile home as it has no connection point for an Outside Air kit. Maybe the 3112 or 3142 models would work? Similarly sized but have OAK options