Mid range pellet stove brand

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

Yooperburner

Sep 15, 2024
MI
I've been burning wood forever but now I'm going to get my first pellet stove.

I hear good things about Harmon here but that's probably a bit out of my budget right now.

I'm looking for a mid-range priced stove brand recommend a model if you like. My house is 1600 sq ft but I really only heat the bottom half.

Are Englander stoves any good?

Three fairly good pellet stoves are
Comfort Built
HP22
under 2500$
They say will heat 2800 Sq Ft.

Us Stove
US5520
Under 2500$
will heat 2200 sq. Ft,

Englander
Cab 50
under 2000
2000 Sq. Ft
Those stoves will do the job
But for cleaning and Dependability
An Envrio or Harman is your best bet but double the cost
I have an Envrio It will be heating my summer kitchen for the
22year this fall 24/7 for at least 6 months. I have replaced one
Circulation fan in the years I have used it. Other than a full
cleaning twice a year no problems

I found a YouTube video on the ComfortBilt HP22i you might fine interesting if considering that stove.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Yooperburner
I really like the Comfort built. I'm trying to scrape up the funds for it. If it wasn't for the pad and the venting it would be right there in my price range

I bought mine through Home Depot, was able to put it on the HD credit card and pay for it over a little time with no interest. Just a thought if you wanted to go that way. I bought my Hearth Pad through Ebay and my venting I think on Amazon and did the install myself. Definitely shop around a bit!

Ever thought of making your own Hearth Pad? Patio stones, or tiles, even bricks
Lots of people on this forum including me made our own. Just a thought

I bought mine through Home Depot, was able to put it on the HD credit card and pay for it over a little time with no interest. Just a thought if you wanted to go that way. I bought my Hearth Pad through Ebay and my venting I think on Amazon and did the install myself. Definitely shop around a bit!
I'm leaning towards the Comfort bilt the cheapest I see it for is 1999.99. if I could find it for just a tad cheaper id be 100%