Meeco Smoke in the stove room update

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I know better than to ask this (given Fairbanks is well known to me) were there any high winds the evening of the event?

After I was dressed and out in it that night winds were calm. I think it was begreen looked up the weather that night in the original thread and found about +20dF for the overnight low. Sounded about right at the time.

I am on the west side near the Chena Pump House Restaurant. I get consistent AM breezes off the river from the east towards the ridge to my west. I get consistent evening breezes from the west down off the ridge towards the river. Near me, probably one horizontal mile from river bank to foot of ridge, 1.25 maybe 1.5 horizontal miles to ridgeline. I am roughly equidistant between the foot of the ridge and the riverbank.

I don't recall any high winds at all the winter of 2017-2018, but I generally hunt down by Delta, AK where 75 mph winds are frequent.

"Breeze" smoke from BBQ runs horizontal, but my hair doesn't get messed up. "Wind" would be I can feel my hair moving if I am not wearing a hat. "high wind" would be my beard moving. If it is blowing in Delta tree roots are moving around in the ground around my tent and I likely have three lines on my completely beached boat.

"Breeze" smoke from BBQ runs horizontal, but my hair doesn't get messed up. "Wind" would be I can feel my hair moving if I am not wearing a hat. "high wind" would be my beard moving. If it is blowing in Delta tree roots are moving around in the ground around my tent and I likely have three lines on my completely beached boat.

I hereby move that we update and standardize our old systems of wind speed measurement with the new Poindexter Index. ("Fairbanks station to Central, we have three to six mm of moustache deflection at this time, gusty. Also, we keep telling him that we need him in Ohio to check some wind speeds on that developing front, but he keeps saying he doesn't want to go to Ohio. Please advise.")

Also, I want to go to that restaurant now. :|

Reactions: Ashful