May Central Ohio GTG

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been wanting to come. But didnt have a Big Boy Saw yet..... Well....

I got my 460 now. My BIL just picked up a 562 XP today. I thought he was stuck on the 372, but he surprised me at the dealer today. Thats a good little (yeah right) Saw. Sleek, Fast, and Sexy (Im talkin about my 460). But the 562 is nice too.
You don't need anything fancy for my GTGs. We welcome anything. Even did some bow sawing once. Just once heheheheh

Reactions: DexterDay
GTG is set to go. Hope the weather is nice. At least the temps will be. Mr Brad Snelling has a recent addition to his arsenal a 395xp he bought new and is ported. He reported his best gains yet. Since I have a stock one it will be vary interesting to see how it compares. I told him he might be going home with an extra saw. So far I have 17 racing cants and one nice round 20" cant. Plus lots of bark free 20"+ cotton wood to play on.
Anyone wishing to attend here is the info.
7119 Sixteenth Rd Sw
Amanda, OH 43102
614-361-3296
Hope to get some good vids and will be sure and report on stock vs ported side beside tests.

GTG is set to go. Hope the weather is nice. At least the temps will be. Mr Brad Snelling has a recent addition to his arsenal a 395xp he bought new and is ported. He reported his best gains yet. Since I have a stock one it will be vary interesting to see how it compares. I told him he might be going home with an extra saw. So far I have 17 racing cants and one nice round 20" cant. Plus lots of bark free 20"+ cotton wood to play on.
Anyone wishing to attend here is the info.
7119 Sixteenth Rd Sw
Amanda, OH 43102
614-361-3296
Hope to get some good vids and will be sure and report on stock vs ported side beside tests.

Looking forward to those vids wk!

Reactions: ScotO
Bought 4 more popular 8x8 cants today. Brings total to 21 cants + one round one. Actually I think the cotton is a pretty nice cant wood. At least it is a good use for an otherwise useless wood.
May Central Ohio GTGMay Central Ohio GTG

Reactions: smokinj
When is this?

I see the location above, but no date/time!

-SF
Junes 2 this Saturday.
Its starts when you get here and ends when you leave Sly. I think most will show between 8-10. Saw testing and general cutting in the morning .Dinner at noon 7.00 for the meal with desert. Racing to start sometime after the meal. Delaware isn't too far away.

Sounds like a good time!

I've got help coming over tomorrow to (hopefully) finish building my deck, so it isn't likely that I'll make it.

If we get done early enough, and the weather is good, I'll jump on my bike and head your way!

-SF

Sounds like a blast. From what I have read here and there, should be a good time.

Pretty cool you are doing this wkpoor.

I just now read about this WK, how did I miss this? I would've liked to have come out to check out the action and to see some of Snellings saws. Not to mention the roasted pig sounds mighty good too. Looking forward to pics and bids.

Thanks to everyone that came. Sure was alot of nice saws there. Even the vintage saws were awesome. Thanks to Kevin for keeping track of times and to Brad and anyone that took pics and video. What I do is only a small part of hosting a GTG. I've always been able to rely on you guys to complete the day.
Brad, Kevin, Andre, Nate and others really put on a show with some super fast saws. Unfortunately there wasn't anything there stock to do comparisons. I was hoping for a stock 372 or 440 or something of the sort to compare against. In the 23" cottowood there was some real impressive times. Brad's 395 ported was getting times in the 6-7sec range and I think there was a 7900 that did better. Comparing against my stock 395 with brand new square chain I was in the 10-11 sec range. Porting does improve performance even in the big wood. I ran both saws and you could feel a big difference without a stop watch.

Reactions: DexterDay
I told him I would get it to him later in the year. I have a 100cc P&C to try first. I'll prolly put that on then go pay him a visit. If its still slower than I'll leave the saw there.

AlI kinds of pics and vids on both arboristsite and chainsawrepair.

Status
Not open for further replies.