Lopi Parlor upper part full of debris

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

hale1114

Nov 2, 2020
We've had a Lopi Parlor for 12 years. This year we tried to start a fire and the smoke didn't draft. Upon inspection, there's what appears to be ash and dirt in the upper part of the stove (directly over the fire box. I can't figure out how to get the ceiling of the firebox apart to get to it and the stove pipe won't come out of the top. Has anyone else had trouble with this?

Attachments

• Lopi Parlor upper part full of debris
    20201102_095427[1].jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 86
  • Lopi Parlor upper part full of debris
    20201102_095444[1].jpg
    112 KB · Views: 82
Looks to be a tube stove like my Answer. Remove a couple of the air tubes. It's towards the rear of the owner's manual.

The roll pins are small. I bought some 3/4" replacement pins that I put in the front two tubes this year. May buy 1" for next year to make them even easier to compress with needle-nose vice grips.

Thanks for the manual link. I got the front tube and then the bricks out. It was loaded with ash & soot that, I assume, was from the previous 12 years. We also have an issue with mud daubers where I live. I'm sure they were building nests in the flue and when we'd light it each year, those nests would crumble and fall.

I'm going to clean it real good. I was thinking about recoating it with stove paint before putting it all together, now that I got it apart.