Lopi Liberty vs Pacific Energy T5

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

Bvango

Sep 15, 2024
Indiana
Age old question I’m trying to decide between the liberty and t5. I want cast iron, no cat, would like to cook on it for fun nothing serious, won’t be the main source of heat but will be running a lot, it will be piped out the wall as it’s all I can do.

Any insights or personal experience would be greatly appreciated!

The T6 is more comparable in size to the Liberty. The T5 is the size of the Endeavor. Also, the Liberty is a straight steel stove, no cast iron except maybe for the door.
How tall will the chimney pipe be outdoors?

Reactions: Bvango
The T6 is more comparable in size to the Liberty. The T5 is the size of the Endeavor. Also, the Liberty is a straight steel stove, no cast iron except maybe for the door.
How tall will the chimney pipe be outdoors?
I thought the libert is cast iron?

The pipe will be 16-20 feet outside I believe

The Liberty is a welded steel stove, always has been. So are the PE T5 and T6. The difference being that the PE Alderleas have a cast iron jacket on the steel body. Having owned both, I prefer welded steel for the lower maintenance.

Reactions: Bvango
The Liberty is a welded steel stove, always has been. So are the PE T5 and T6. The difference being that the PE Alderleas have a cast iron jacket on the steel body. Having owned both, I prefer welded steel for the lower maintenance.
Wow I did not realize that I thought the liberty and endavor were cast iron. Very interesting. Do you think one is better than the other in terms of liberty vs T5/6?

Both the Liberty and the Alderlea T6 are excellent non-cat heaters. Both can load N/S or E/W. They are different internally and each has it's strong points. The difference is in the castiron cladding on the T6, the baffle system, and the swing away trivet top on the T6. The PE Summit is a better comparison for the Liberty. It has a steel jacket.

If the chimney outside is 16' I would lean a bit more toward the T6 due to its easy breathing nature. If it's 20' then either would likely work well.