Lopi fire brick.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kversch

Dec 26, 2014
New York
Ive got a lopi liberty with Green start, well cleaning out the stove the other day I noticed that I have a cracked/broken fire brick. Its the brick where the tube for the green start comes threw. The dealer I purchase the stove from is not in business atleast at that location and they were the only lopi dealers in my area that I could find. Does anyone know of a place I can order it online? The searches Ive tried just get me plain fire brick, I cant locate the one with the hole in it. Does it have a specific part number I could try searching?

I thought there was a metal piece that takes the place of a brick if you have a greenstart installed? I’ve never added one to a liberty, but the other models have the metal piece.

I thought there was a metal piece that takes the place of a brick if you have a greenstart installed? I’ve never added one to a liberty, but the other models have the metal piece.

Im Not Sure mine definetly has a entire brick with a hole in it for. the tube. I have the extra brick from the stove they had to take out to install The green start.

Ive got a lopi liberty with Green start, well cleaning out the stove the other day I noticed that I have a cracked/broken fire brick. Its the brick where the tube for the green start comes threw. The dealer I purchase the stove from is not in business atleast at that location and they were the only lopi dealers in my area that I could find. Does anyone know of a place I can order it online? The searches Ive tried just get me plain fire brick, I cant locate the one with the hole in it. Does it have a specific part number I could try searching?

I have an older Liberty but it doesn't have this feature. If it's just a simple hole thru a brick buy yourself a masonry bit and drill your own. What size hole do you need?

Craig

This is what I’m talking about. I would be aftaid that o would just crack a brick trying to drill this large of a hole. Sounds like I’ll probably have to try and find another loca dealer. Was hoping I could maybe just order some place online.

Lopi fire brick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kversh , the crack is not an issue use some Rutland furnace cement ( comes in small squeeze tubes ) as far as how to drill the new hole (buy a metal hole saw use the drill on slow speed ,that will avoid the risk of splitting involved with masonary bit )

I agree with Shawn. Vacuum the hole out to clean the ash away and patch it up. That brick is still in good usable condition. Also it looks like the hole size really needed there is half of what you got

Craig