Lopi Endeavor bypass damper issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Gryphonsclaw

Nov 2, 2020
Oregon
Tonight I went to push the bypass damper in on the stove and it slid in with no resistance. The wife started the stove and insists when she pulled it out it had resistance. I can actually turn the rod so something is disconnected from the plate. Is there a guide that shows how this goes together or any advice on how to look at it to fix it?

It may have come out of the sockets for the prongs on the bypass control handle. If you remove the baffle stones and the two front tubes you should be able to see what has happened.

Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 11.48.44 PM.png

I think the fork tines just sit in the sockets on the bypass plate, but will wait for you to verify.

Yes the tines just sit in the pockets. Also make sure there is no dirt built up in the pockets. I once spent 30 or so mins trying to figure out why the damper wouldn't slide before I figured that out. The dirt built up do the tines wouldn't go all the way in.

Reactions: begreen
I was having the same problem on my Lopi Endeavor, where the bypass lever was getting stuck. Thanks for the clue on dirt build up in the pockets. I was able to clear some debris out of the pockets with compressed air without removing the tines and the bypass lever moved smoothly. Created a ton of dust, but probably a lot less work than disassembling the baffle.