Lopi Cape Cod V Quadrafire Explorer 3

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

WoodAU

Jun 14, 2020
Australia
Hi all,
I'm looking at the above 2 heaters for a new build in Australia.
Is there a huge difference in quality between the 2, and is there a general preference?
Hard to get real world info in Australia.
Thanks in advance

The Cape Cod has shown some issues. The one that webby3650 had did not stand up well. Site owner webfish has the Quad Explorer 3. It's a good performer.

Thanks for the response. I know Webby had one many years ago and I was hoping those problems were rectified. Would love to hear from some new owners
Since nothing changed in the design I don’t see how it could be better? All I’ve ever gotten from them is that the casting are no longer made in China... now somewhere in Germany, can’t remember for sure because I no longer care. According to Lopi there had never been an issue...
It’s really sad they were having castings done in China in the first place!

Reactions: Sailrmike