Loose flue collar connection on Ashford 30.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Smolder

Dec 25, 2019
Ashton, Ontario
I can move the stove pipe collar adaptor over a quarter inch in each direction on my Ashford 30. Pipe is double wall out of Montreal called "Security DL black".

The installers suggests installing self adhesive "flat gasket" to tighten the connection.

Thoughts?

What if you remove the adapter and set the double wall down right over the stove collar? How much can it wiggle now? Don't drill new holes, just try it to see.

Otherwise, whatever Begreen and bholler come up with later today, do that.

What if you remove the adapter and set the double wall down right over the stove collar? How much can it wiggle now? Don't drill new holes, just try it to see.

I've got some warm weather coming up, so I will try this out when the stove goes out. I expect it will draft like a boss (already does) when it can't suck air at the flue collar.

To answer your question I can move it upward of a quarter inch in each direction.

On my Sirocco I slipped the double wall right down over the stove collar. No adapter.

My A30 as originally installed with a flue adapter. Leakage decreased from noticeable to not noticeable when I took the adaper out and set the doublewall telescope right over the stove collar. The screw at the front clears the enameled stove top by about 0.030", but it does not rub.

Reactions: Smolder
My A30 as originally installed with a flue adapter. Leakage decreased from noticeable to not noticeable when I took the adaper out and set the doublewall telescope right over the stove collar. The screw at the front clears the enameled stove top by about 0.030", but it does not rub.

I'll be trying that today :) Thank you.

I have an ashford 30 as well, install by company etc no adapter also no issues

Just a follow up. I removed the adaptor. The double wall slid down snug over the stove outlet. I always thought this stove worked very well, but now it works exceptionally well. Without being able pull air at the loose flue connector it seems to keep the stove in the active zone much longer without adjusting. I assume the additional draw lets air be drawn through the firebox more effectively.

Another side effect. I had fixed my door hinge stink, but occasionally at low burn settings had a slight smell. That is also gone.

I am going to guess that my window is going to stay cleaner now as well. I will let everyone know.

Reactions: Highbeam
Good to hear. No adaptor on my BK either. Supervent double wall fits very tight on the Sirocco and Princess also.