Looking for p/n for a bracket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

et_chimney

Dec 23, 2020
Longview TX
Hi,

I want to install my stovepipe and Class A chimney without the box for cathedral ceiling. Is there some type of simple minimalist bracket that can attach to the rafters and then to the pipe to secure it?

Imagine some type of ring clamp affixed to the pipe and then the ring clamp with me attached to the rafters by some type of leader.

Hi,

I want to install my stovepipe and Class A chimney without the box for cathedral ceiling. Is there some type of simple minimalist bracket that can attach to the rafters and then to the pipe to secure it?

Imagine some type of ring clamp affixed to the pipe and then the ring clamp with me attached to the rafters by some type of leader.

View attachment 282276
Not that I know of. Some manufacturers offer a bracket that mounts to the roof. But you would then need custom trim to cover the gap around the chimney. Plus you would have chimney exposed in the house.

I used this in my attic

Are you insulating the roof at all? You would need a box of some kind to keep the insulation away from the pipe.
What is your vision for how the finished installation would look?

Are you insulating the roof at all? You would need a box of some kind to keep the insulation away from the pipe.
What is your vision for how the finished installation would look?

Those rafters are 24” apart.
The section with the pipe/chimney will not have any insulation. The other sections will.

This season’s (and at the most next season) aesthetics don’t matter as the cabin is a shell at the moment and the roof will be removed and converted to a flat roof.

Where did you find this? Got a link?
You need to use the part made by the manufacturer of your chimney pipe. What chimney are you using?

I don't understand why you don't just want to use a support box it is the easiest option by far

Hi,

View attachment 282276
Why?