Last fire last night!!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree woodchip...a fire is beyond being warm....it does put a "warm" feelin inside the house...very cozy...comfy feelin...don't know it until it is out....dark, abandoned and cold....poor stove....hate to see it dark....

hey woodchip! miss the fire yet??
my son is in lead till thu. (for work) last weekend he went to mother shiptons cave and all that related..(knaresborough, fountains abbey, some unmentioned cathedral in ripon, then to york for dinner)

Just tossed another log on here. 43* drizzle, fog, cool wind. The stove chases the chill out. Nothing beats a fire on a dreary day. One log at a time now, not loading it full.

Still burning evenings only, and quite frankly im sick of it. cold starts and relatively warm weather outside makes starting the stove a real pita and causes the house to fill with smoke if the door is not cracked. unfortunatly our main living room is in the finished basement and even if it gets into the 50s and sunny during the day taht room still cools down to the mid 50s every day which is just not comfortable. sure i could fire up the electric baseboard, but thats more painful then trying to start a fire in a cold stove

Still burning . . . and not minding it at all . . . going through more kindling . . . but better that than burning oil . . . plus it's kind of nice to just do a fire in the morning and one in the evening and not have to tend the fire all day long.

We are coming to the end, thankfully. Though I would guess that I will still burn 4-5 more times, the way this year is going. Spring thus far has not been warm, by any stretch. Barely been in the 60's and a lot of east winds, which spell cold and damp this time of year. It has not really been comfortably warm for a long period and the grass is just coming out of its dormancy. I am ready to shut down the stove. Sure enough, one month from today, the AC will probably be running.

Status
Not open for further replies.