Lack of draft causing leaking smoke

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Ps I just installed this and honestly have near no idea what I am doing.
Unfortunately, all responses seem to verify this. Don't drive under any low bridges.

It is NOT galvanized. NO galvanized on ANY of my stove flue pipes. I checked "22 gauge cold rolled steal." And instructions state the product will rust if not treated properly outdoors. I contacted the manufacturer "we do not use any galvanizing material on any of our products because galvanized steel is a health risk."
Then they are lying to you. Without question the pipe attached to the stove collar is galvanized. Nothing else chalks like that.

Even.with permit requirements many people will still just ignore them. Every state has code requirements to follow
Then if you ignore them home owners insurance won’t pay in case of a fire. I had to provide a certificate of inspection to my insurance agent. Home inspector made sure state code was followed.

Then if you ignore them home owners insurance won’t pay in case of a fire. I had to provide a certificate of inspection to my insurance agent. Home inspector made sure state code was followed.
Yes generally that is the case. The same goes for codes in general. Also many inspectors miss huge problems pretty regularly

Yes generally that is the case. The same goes for codes in general. Also many inspectors miss huge problems pretty regularly
Also helps to have a reputable installer. The guys I used followed the PE setbacks etc and have been doing this for a long time. Home inspector needed the stove spec sheet and installation requirements.

You never know what your going to get with inspectors, some will be very strict and make sure all is exactly to code, or u might get one that really doesn't care. Also depends on the mood the inspector is in that day. I've seen some that will powertrip as well. Definitely a crapshoot.

Reactions: bholler
You never know what your going to get with inspectors, some will be very strict and make sure all is exactly to code, or u might get one that really doesn't care. Also depends on the mood the inspector is in that day. I've seen some that will powertrip as well. Definitely a crapshoot.
100% agree. Seen my share over the years.