Kingsman IDV34 (or 44) - how to control

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BillMC

Nov 30, 2023
Newcastle
Recently moved into new home with fireplace and little documentation. There was an installation manual for IDV34 or 44, so presumably one of those models. It's controlled by a Emerson 1e78-140 Thermastat that allows the desired temp to be set. However, we'll we likely only be using for aesthetics and would prefer a more direct control (flame on/off and up/down) - regardless of temp. The installation manual did refer to a remote that had that sort of control but we couldnt find one... so:
  1. if I order a new remote, will it simply work - or require some serious changes to the fireplace?
  2. How do I find the model number?
Cheers
Bill

The model number should be either on a sticker on the bottom of the unit in the valve cavity or on a plate located down there. I believe the 34 or 44 refers to the width of the front of the unit, possibly the viewing area of the glass.