Just tested out my new(used) jotul f500

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xshmoox

Nov 1, 2015
Bucks Co., Pa
hey guys read a ton on the forum already just decided to join after I just test fired my f500 that I scored on Craigslist for $250!!! Yes that's $250. People didn't know what they had they took it out of their house they bought cause they didn't want a wood stove. The stove was taken partially apart(upper burn box piece off lower piece and doors off and burner tubes out, and flue collar off.). They thought it was from the 80's but it had the vermiculite baffle so I knew it wasn't. It needed a new insulation blanket on top and I ordered all new gaskets and firebricks and short leg kit. I reassembled the stove with Rutland cement. I also scored 17' of used Selkirk super pro class a pipe with 2 offsets for $250! I ran the pipe up the inside of the chimney. Wasn't the easiest as we had to use the offsets inside the chimney. But we got it all installed. All said and done I'm about $850 in. Thanks for all the wealth of info. Yes I know I need a hearth pad.

Just tested out my new(used) jotul f500

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sequoia
Looks great and sounds like you got yourself an excellent deal.

Yeah I'm pretty thrilled on my Craigslist finds. Even with it being 58 degrees out I got the stove cruising easily airflow shut all the way down stove top temp ~450 ish I don't think this Rutland stovetop thermometer that came with the stove is real accurate. Looks like I must have sealed it up good with the stove cement and gaskets!

Status
Not open for further replies.