Just curious to know why.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.
oldspark said:
HotCoals said:
oldspark said:
Woodburning 101
I'm waiting..
You really dont know or are you screwing with me?
Tell me why you think you should burn a hot fire once a day.
I can't make it any simpler.

I've been on this forum long enough to hear plenty of cat stoves getting out of control but most were VC stoves. Even those beautiful Woodstocks can get away from you once in awhile but yeah, I agree, compared to my many non cats I've burned I have a little more control with my cats.

As far as stove top temps go, I would be a lot less worried hitting 800 with a steel stove than with a cast or soapstone.

Todd said:
I've been on this forum long enough to hear plenty of cat stoves getting out of control but most were VC stoves. Even those beautiful Woodstocks can get away from you once in awhile but yeah, I agree, compared to my many non cats I've burned I have a little more control with my cats.

As far as stove top temps go, I would be a lot less worried hitting 800 with a steel stove than with a cast or soapstone.
A "little" more control!
Are you kidding me?

I can run this thing way up in temps..shut the air down and she drops like a rock..fire out..lets see a tube do that.
The hottest I have seen my stove is a little over 740 and that was just above the cat..and no flame.
Elsewhere on any part of the stove the temps where no where near that..only just above the cat.
Single wall pipe was at 350f 18" up at that point...IR.

BTW..I would be interested in a link or two of a runaway cat.

I can stop my Summit dead in it tracks also, back to ya. Well not dead in its tracks but I can idle it down in a hurry, I dont understand all the problems either, the only time my stove has got hotter than I wanted I let it go too long before I shut it down.

oldspark said:
I can stop my Summit dead in it tracks also, back to ya.
How do you calm the secondary's?

Still waiting on that question.

Guys this is turning into a two guy chat room.

Take it to PMs

Status
Not open for further replies.