Jotul Oslo 500 cracks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bunfoolio

Mar 13, 2015
merrimac, ma
I just noticed these small cracks on my Oslo. 7th buring season and it has been great overall. I do not know how long they have been there. Is this a sign of normal use and not much concern? Or this this a sign of bad luck or abuse? The pic makes it look bigger than it really is. Your input is appreciated.

Jotul Oslo 500 cracks

Thanks but they seem to be related to the ash pan door open and occur on the inside and in the bottom of the stove. There was one post that had this issue which is on the top exterior. There was only two replies to that post.

I'm curious how these issues happen. You say that's on the top, Along the edge, or the center? Have you had the stove since it was new? How hard do you run it?

Is this on the side of the stove body next to the door frame? If so, that is an unusual location and could be a casting defect.

I'm curious how these issues happen. You say that's on the top, Along the edge, or the center? Have you had the stove since it was new? How hard do you run it?

Its on the top center. Might have been there for years. I only noticed it because I was vacuning the top of the stove. I run it normal with dry multi year seasoned wood. Starts and drafts well. I might call the dealer where I bought it new.