Jotul Firelight: 24+ hour burn time!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never knew VC's had thermostats, and had thought this was solely the realm of Blaze King. My Jotul has only caveman technology (manual air control / manual bypass damper). Are thermostats common in other stoves?

I'm leaning in that direction as well. Right now I am using small round magnets with aluminum foil to see if there is any difference.

We have a warm front coming in this week and I will remove the heat shield and t-stat cover and take a look at what's going on.

Good plan. I've seen one of these stoves with the thermostat coil spring mounted backward.

I never knew VC's had thermostats, and had thought this was solely the realm of Blaze King. My Jotul has only caveman technology (manual air control / manual bypass damper). Are thermostats common in other stoves?

Yes, VC had them from the get go. But unfortunately thermostatic air controls are not common. They were on the early Hearthstones and still are also on some basic cabinet heaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.