Jotul F600 stove top temps

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brolley

Feb 8, 2015
Center Valley, Pa
Hey guys
The manual tells to check stove top temps with a thermometer on one of the four corners of the stove. Does everyone agree with that? Reason for asking... the center of the top of my stove reads 100*F hotter than the front corners and 50*F hotter than the rear corners. I'm getting her hot tonight and don't want to overfire because I'm reading the temps at the wrong spot on the stove.

Also, do you guys load through the front door N to S for a long overnight burn?
Thanks much!

Yes, I use the back right. The center will be the hottest. If you check places with a IR , you find all different temps. They all rise and drop the same percentage. So one location is all that's needed to give you an idea where your at. After you get used to the stove you will rarely look at it, well I don't. But I'm never pushing the upper limits of the stove. My normal load cycle rarely gets north of 400 degrees.

Reactions: Brolley
Center typically is a bit warmer . . . I checked all four corners of my Oslo and when I was running a stove top thermometer on top I found that my right rear corner was consistently the hottest . . . other folks have found other corners to run hotter.

Ok. So if I see 600*F on the back corner then its going to be 650-700*F in the center from what I gathered by monitoring temps. My IR gun tops out at 615*F.

Hard to argue with the manufacturers recommendation. I've got my thermometer on the right rear corner. I hit 550 - 600 on every full load in the Oslo.

Got the temp up to 550-575. Closed the pri air down to 25% open. Very nice secondary burn. I'm hoping its okay for the SS secondary burn tubes to be red hot! :eek:

Yeah....

Attachments

• Jotul F600 stove top temps
    image.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 148
Reactions: claydogg84
Status
Not open for further replies.