Jotul F600 Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Aroostook

Aug 18, 2017
Maine
I think I need to install the Jotul outside air kit, last year I had issues maintaining a good burn. Our house is new and really airtight. Cracking open a window near the stove always fixed the issue, but I can't keep a window open all winter. I was looking into the Jotul outside air kit, I purchased the adapter 154335. It seems to be a couple of inches too small for the inlet on the bottom of the F600. Even with the tabs bent out, it can easily fall out of the bottom of the stove. The paperwork with the adapter lists both part numbers, 154333 and 154335, so maybe I messed up and ordered the wrong one. The problem is, I can't seem to find anyone online selling the larger one. I found one retailer that lists the dimensions for the 154333, and it's the same as 154335. Anyone have any idea if that's just how it is, or is there actually a different, larger adapter for the F600?

I haven't seen the actual adapter but it sounds like it may be a simple 4" take-off collar. If so, all the tabs don't get bent until it is in place. Can you post a picture or two of the adapter and maybe with it held in place with your hand?

EDIT: OK, found a picture on line. Here is how to install. Only bend every other tab outward at a 90º angle to the body of the adapter. The other alternate tabs should point straight up. Insert the adapter. Now reach up inside the adapter and bend the vertical tabs outward on the inside of the stove's OAK hole so that they clinch and hold the adapter in place.

I must have the wrong adapter. I just measured the one I ordered, and it's diameter is only 3", but oddly, on the site I bought it from, they list it as 3 3/4". I'll post a couple of pictures this evening.

The tabs are all the same length, some are wider and narrower than the others. I bent down the narrower ones, and held it up to the bottom of the hole, but it just doesn't fit, I can easily push it into the stove. When I had the tabs on the inside of the hole on the bottom of the stove, it doesn't stay up on the edge of the stove. If I put the bent down tabs on the outside, the other tabs on the inside of the hole still won't catch, they're not longer, just wider. It almost looks like the little bump out on the adapter pipe should sit flush with the hole, if it was bigger, or used on a smaller stove.

Jotul F600 Question

Jotul F600 Question

Crack a window on the other side of the room away from the stove. It is a heat monster you will not notice much of a temp difference.