Jotul F55 or PE T5

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmithRd

Dec 5, 2015
Esko MN
Looking to replace a DW 2461. Top of the list are a Jotul F55 and a PE T5. Heating about 2000 square ft, 1300 main floor 700 upstairs. The DW does a fair job, but its time for a new heater. Like the firebox size of the Jotul, and prefer the looks of the Alderlea. Looking for advice and experience from users of both. House is 50yrs old, average insulation and drafty windows being replaced as time and money allow. Thanks. New to this forum. Please help.

The Jotul F55 is larger than the T5, it is the size of the T6 which is what I would compare it to. Both are great stoves, either the F55 or T6 should do a good job of heating the place.

Welcome to the forums SmithRd.

Esko MN seems to be in a rather cold area. I would ditto BeGreens advice.

I can add that you can have seating and thorofare areas of your home fairly close to the T6 and still be comfortable. The T6 is not catalytic unlike your current DW and the jotul you are considering. the jotul looks nice and clearances are not too bad. If the new stove is sitting in the same place as the DW, I would investigate the stoves dimensions, clearances, chimney modifications necessary for installation to help me decide.

Also cat vs non cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.