Jotul F 602 V2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
"ECO" and "Ecodesign" is the UK equivalent of USA "EPA 2020".
Where stoves sold here will have an EPA 2020 sticker, their's will have an ECO sticker.

"ECO" and "Ecodesign" is the UK equivalent of USA "EPA 2020".
Where stoves sold here will have an EPA 2020 sticker, there's will have an ECO sticker.
Is this new version 2 of the 602, the same as the ECO for North America? Same product, just different name?
If I order a new 602 in North America, will I get the new ECO version as shown in the youtube video in this thread?

Doesn't look like it. The V2 is a different design than the ECO which is for European markets. You can visually distinguish them quickly. The ECO has a plain front, no slider grate air control and nothing after the "602" cast in the face. The US version 602v2 has the slider grate air control and a small mark (v2?) after the 602 cast in the face.
Jotul-602v2-vs-ECO.jpg

Reactions: crooked beat
Doesn't look like it. The V2 is a different design than the ECO which is for European markets. You can visually distinguish them quickly. The ECO has a plain front, no slider grate air control and nothing after the "602" cast in the face. The US version 602v2 has the slider grate air control and a small mark (v2?) after the 602 cast in the face.
View attachment 253199
Thank you.

Can anyone tell me where these stoves (F 602 v2) sold in the N. American market (Canada specifically) are manufactured? Thanks...
The foundry where they are made is in Norway and then they are assembled in Maine.

Reactions: Sailrmike
I just ordered one but i think its going to be a couple of months before arrival. Can you tell us how you made out with burn times and 24/7 burning, and ash removal.. Thanks...
I have the CB but burn times were pretty much as the manual states, around 5hrs but I'd call it more like actual usable heat hours. You can pack the fire box full with good hardwood and have consistent 6-8 hr burn with enough coals to load her up again but the actual heat output is more like 4-5 hours which is fine if your house can hold the heat for a few hours.

When its cold out like teens or below I would load 3 or 4 splits every 4 hours then pack it full at bed time so I'd have coals 8 hrs later. Warmer outside temps It was more like a 6 hr reload schedule.

Ash removal was about every 4th day, I probably could of went longer but with such a small fire box I like the extra room.

As a global hearth manufacture many regions require different test results. This model is not for distribution in the North American market. The F-602v2 is the 2020 model and moving forward the solution for the North American market.
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to more of Jotul's classics coming back on line.

Reactions: Todd and MR. GLO
My 602 v2 arrived today but no free gloves.

Reactions: Todd and D. Hermit
My 602 v2 arrived today but no free gloves.
Nice! Lets see how she looks! Bummer that it made 2020 epa, but not enough to get the tax credit. Still one of my favorite stoves off all time. Ive got my process down and can rebuild an f602cb completely in about 4 hours.

Reactions: Todd
I almost bought one of them but changed my mind--they are nice looking stoves and they are suppose to heat well..