Jotul classic nr 4... advice needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Anderson

Dec 18, 2018
Forfar
Hey folks, moved into my house about 2 years ago. It has a jotul classic nr 4 multi fuel stoves. It has been a bit neglected, no fire bricks left inside and the door seal is s thing of the past, but it's great at heating the house with it's back boiler that heats the radiators. Few days agi I've noticed the front panel has come away from the body. The pins have come through the lugs. I can push it back into place but the pin sits flush with the lugs. Was Trying to fit a washer with a slot cut into it to try and keep it in place but there's not enough of the head sticking through to catch it. Wondered if anyone had any ideas how to fix this or am I looking at a new stove? Cheers guys.
Jotul classic nr 4...  advice needed
Jotul classic nr 4...  advice needed

Attachments

• Jotul classic nr 4...  advice needed
    1545137770811114549502684340626.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 94
We’re it me, I’d get a new stove. I’d be wondering what the next thing to fail would be and would that create a safety problem. Plus I imagine running a stove without a proper door gasket is already asking for trouble.