Jotul C450 insulated blower cord wrap? Temp at blower motor?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

black_sab

May 20, 2015
massachusetts
Looks like my "new to me" Jotul is missing the power wiring for the blower, and the blower cages are REALLY tough to spin.

Anyone out there have a recommendation for some high temp power cord wrap or tubing so that I can make my own cabling?

This stuff here says 500F continuous...
http://www.amazon.com/Black-Heat-Sh...1425116&sr=8-1&keywords=high+temp+wire+sleeve

Is it safe to assume the max temp outside/near the case is going to be < 500F?

It's possible that the motor bearings are almost frozen, probably due to lack of lubrication. The blower cage should spin freely. Lubricating the motor may take disassembly or drilling in new oil ports if there are none. If that is not possible then the motor will need to be replaced.

Reactions: black_sab
Status
Not open for further replies.