Japanese heat pump worth the extra cost ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Is this thread about traditional old fashioned split system heat pumps?

I guess I'm in a green grass climate, like you, being in central NC. The various calculators such as https://hvac.betterbuiltnw.com/ do give me pretty much equal heating and cooling loads though.

Dang, I think I missed that. Not in this thread. Hate to ask this, but can you point me to what you said or repeat it ? Thanks. I can't quite figure out how to tell if heat pumps are one- or two-stage.
All the two stage units (that I know of) are single speed compressors. They just open a valve for low pressure/first stage. All should clearly state that in the description.
Is this thread about traditional old fashioned split system heat pumps?
It’s a ducted install. If inverter compressors on a ducted split system is old fashioned then yes. Really I think the line is getting blurry from a technology point of view.

Reactions: Highbeam