jackrabbit on a date!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

ScotO

OK so there's no jackrabbits here, that's just a nickname I give to those quick snowsqualls we get from time to time (actually really rare this past winter). We used to get snows like this every other day in winters past, the're here fast and furious, and before you know it the're gone, kinda like a jackrabbit on a date!!! Last day for me making syrup this season, thought I'd post a video....enjoy!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZv85zNInQo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

19 gallons is not bad Scott. Enjoy it.

Backwoods Savage said:
19 gallons is not bad Scott. Enjoy it.
I'm fairly happy with it. Its my new record, and that's only with 70 taps and cooking on three weekends, so yeah that was a decent season. I'm going to let the buckets out for a couple more days, the nights are supposed to get in the teens which is right where you want them to be, maybe let them out til the warmup in the middle of the week. if I get around 150 gallons by Wednesday I'll cook next weekend and that will be it...

Nice video.... Seen the one last week too.

We got a good snow storm today. Supposed to get 3-5 tonight. That would be the worst storm this year..... Im ready for it.

Like you said. Its normally pretty bad this time of year. We haven't had but a few little snow squals.

DexterDay said:
Nice video.... Seen the one last week too.

We got a good snow storm today. Supposed to get 3-5 tonight. That would be the worst storm this year..... Im ready for it.

Like you said. Its normally pretty bad this time of year. We haven't had but a few little snow squals.
thanks Dexter.....I wish we would get at least one good storm this season but it isn't gonna happen.

Scotty, I see the sled under the tarp. Did you get to use it this year? The wife and I finally got to ride this past Friday. I think it will be a one ride season for us. :shut:

Sap hasn't started running up here yet according to two guys that own a sugar house . . . a bit surprising to me and to them since we've had some cool nights and warm days.

Jack, I got to ride it a few times bit not nearly enough to satisfy my cravings!!

Jake, Lee (here on Hearth.com) was talking to me about his neighbors sugaring in Long Island and said they started the first week of January!!!! I can't believe it hasn't started up there in Maine yet, it should start soon. That's unreal, our weather has been super-screwy this year all over the northeast, I'm surprised I did as good as I did. I'm gonna leave the taps out til Wednesday or Thursday we have a couple more good nights before a warmup so one more weekend of cooking.......ugh.....

Adios, I give most of it away to family and friends, also saving some for baking and making sugar and candy throughout the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.