Its in the house!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bill in the U.P.

Burning Hunk
Dec 6, 2016
Michigan
Got her in the house, out of the crate and on her back for the leg install (next, after dinner). Steve, the heating contractor was here servicing my propane FA furnace today. Came up out of the crawl space and said did you know you have a two stage furnace but it isn't wired for it? He sold me a new thermostat, hooked up the extra wire and I hope it is more efficient as he suggested. We will need it tonight, its forecast sub zero. Wish the BK was ready to go but soon.

Attachments

• Its in the house!
    on her back.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 159
I would not like to have to tip my stove over lol. They are heavy! I used my 3 ton engine hoist and some ratchet straps to set mine.

Reactions: Bill in the U.P.
Got her in the house, out of the crate and on her back for the leg install (next, after dinner). Steve, the heating contractor was here servicing my propane FA furnace today. Came up out of the crawl space and said did you know you have a two stage furnace but it isn't wired for it? He sold me a new thermostat, hooked up the extra wire and I hope it is more efficient as he suggested. We will need it tonight, its forecast sub zero. Wish the BK was ready to go but soon.
You will probably notice the greatest benefit of the 2nd stage working during mild weather heating. During cold weather it will be running full power.

Reactions: Bill in the U.P.
That's enough for tonight. Managed to get the legs on, put furniture pads on the feet to make it easy to slide on the tile and used a rubber backed rug to tip it up on. BIL was "on call" in case I couldn't tip it up solo. I'm glad he didn't have to come out, its 4 degrees with a wc of -9. Gonna get on the sweats and call it a night. Hot damn!

Attachments

• Its in the house!
    in the corner.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 145
Nice! When do you figure you will have it running?Its a balmy 7 degrees here Bill...pretty cold for west central Indiana...but all is good I got the Princess installed yesterday and up and running and its a beautiful thing! and 74 inside...lol

Congrats, hope you get it going soon.

4 degrees? You must be near a lake or on the east end. My family up there, they're all 0 or below tonight. Meanwhile it's 9 down here with the trolls.
Banana belt, Manistique

Reactions: yooper08
Nice! When do you figure you will have it running?Its a balmy 7 degrees here Bill...pretty cold for west central Indiana...but all is good I got the Princess installed yesterday and up and running and its a beautiful thing! and 74 inside...lol
Awesome that you just got the Princess going yesterday Tart12. Enjoy. I am waiting to have the Class A installed. The materials are in, it is just a matter of when he can get it scheduled now. Its not a job I would want to tackle this time of year. I hope they send a seasoned guy who has done some cold weather installs. I hope next week now.

Reactions: Tar12
Awesome that you just got the Princess going yesterday Tart12. Enjoy. I am waiting to have the Class A installed. The materials are in, it is just a matter of when he can get it scheduled now. Its not a job I would want to tackle this time of year. I hope they send a seasoned guy who has done some cold weather installs. I hope next week now.
I hear you....my guy got my install done the morning prior to the temps falling out here.