It's in!!! Homestead Hearth Mount w/surround PICS Attached

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
What would be the performance difference between insulation and a plate?

S

Congrats and enjoy. We like ours. And we used insulation around our liner to block airflow it works well. My dealer suggested it
and included it.

Looks good. Id see how its heating your house on a cold day then decide from there.

Nice looking install. Great stove. Burned the Homestead for almost 2 years. You're going to love the view of that fire once the burn tubes kick in. I miss that, but am happy with my Fireview.

I'd take care of the mantel too. If you are off by a few inches, it may not be a big deal, but if it were me, I'd sleep better at night. Maybe replace it with a piece of bluestone to match the stove.

Ditto on the block off plate. I don't know how much heat you'll save, but it will be worth it in terms of comfort. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.