Is there a market for bagged chiminea-sized wood?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PA. Woodsman

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 26, 2007
Emmaus, Pennsylvania
Do any of you guys sell bags of small splits and chunks for use in chimineas? It certainly wouldn't be much work, nor take long to dry. Just wondering if I should get started on some now to sell in the Fall, if it's worth it-thanks!

I'm outside right now with my fire pit table burning.......... Bio bricks... no seasoning required. got about 2 hours on 2 bricks and some kindling, nice during a weeknight...

I think it is a good market - especially if you can get some fruitwoods and nice smelling stuff. My daughter wants to buy a Chimenea as a gift for a friend, but she said he didn't have wood to burn! I told her that he could buy it in chunks (there are some places that sell mesquite for this).

As with anything else, some marketing might be needed.....like a nice bag!

This was about a month ago but was trying to supplement the branches that fall in my yard with a steady burning wood..

Last year it was duraflames cut in half. Worked ok... Mixed with the Ash I took down
Year before was hickory chips from HD..... More smoke than fire....
Biobricks...... Really like them for outdoor use.
Cost .....40lbs cost about the same as that 6 split bundle you get at the grocery store...

Attachments

• Is there a market for bagged chiminea-sized wood?
    biobrick.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 226
craig...The mesquite, like the hickory chips that I mentioned they all tend to smolder... making everyone migrate away from the Fire....

GVA said:
This was about a month ago but was trying to supplement the branches that fall in my yard with a steady burning wood..

Last year it was duraflames cut in half. Worked ok... Mixed with the Ash I took down
Year before was hickory chips from HD..... More smoke than fire....
Biobricks...... Really like them for outdoor use.
Cost .....40lbs cost about the same as that 6 split bundle you get at the grocery store...

nice, but i hope that bud didnt sit there too long

Marketing, Marketing, Marketing. If you sell it at the organic farmers market. Package it in recyclable paper, label with the scientific name, give the Btu data, and add that nothing has been added to enhance the smell or value of the wood, take the total cost and multiply by 1,000 and sell away.

When I was a kid the camp fire was for the mountains or the fishing trip, a true treat. Now many folks can not be bothered by the unpleasantries of camping, but want the goodies.

The stove we call decorative was for many in the Southwest the first and only safe stove they knew. It was an essential to keep the family safe, warm and cook their food. Today it is sooooooo, cccccccccccuuuuuuuuuuttttttttttttttteeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

Take their money and buy a good brew and laugh. A guy who worked for me years ago called them dumb bunnies... Serves them right.

Status
Not open for further replies.