Is Lopi Liberty a good stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

bassmaster17327

Hearth Supporter
I am looking at a Lopi Liberty to replace a non epa stove that burns a lot of wood. Is the lopi Liberty a good stove? does it have the secondary burn? Does it have a good burn time and what is the average price of a new one?

bassmaster17327 said:
I am looking at a Lopi Liberty to replace a non epa stove that burns a lot of wood. Is the lopi Liberty a good stove? does it have the secondary burn? Does it have a good burn time and what is the average price of a new one?

This is our second year with the Lopi Liberty, we think it is a very good stove and love the btu's it puts out. We heat from the basement which is finished off except for the ceilings, 74 downstairs this morning and 70 on the main floor.(ranch house)

With 7-8 splits of cherry in last night and not closed down all the way we had coals enough to start the fire in the morning, 6-7 hour burn time out of the cherry. And yes it has air tubes for your secondary burn, I'm not sure what we paid but it's not cheap but well worth the cost.(my opinion)

If you want to burn north/south the longest split it will take is 16 inches, I cut our wood 14.75 but 15 will give you some distance from the glass. We also have a blower on ours.

zap

Everybody would have one except they are a little pricey.
Found mine on Craig's List.

My first year with the Lopi Endeavor which is the little brother to the Libery and only one complaint so far. The main air control on the front was very noisy due to welding spatter balls in between the two pieces of metal. Took that apart to clean and she is quiet as a church mouse. Puts off so much heat that it is hard to run it hot enough to keep from smoking up the glass. You live a lot further north so that may not be a problem for you. I expect to be using this pricey stove 20 years from now so I just figured I was making a good investment when shelling out the extra cash for the Lopi.

Friend of mine has the insert ,think its the freedom. He has a few complaints,mainly says its hard to keep the glass clean(soot) also the firebox is tapered so you have to use shorter wood in the back. He is presently looking at a different stove,he likes my harman TL-300 better. Best to get it (advice)directly from those who have your exact stove. GO to stove reviews on this site and find your stove.

It's not a good stove, it's an excellent stove. You'll be handing it down to your grandchildren.

It's a great stove!!! I load east west, big splits and I have ALOT of COALs in the morning. So much that in the morning I have to burn the coals off before reloading.

Thanks for the info, I do not think there is a Lopi dealer near me but I saw one for sale on ebay that is close enough for me to go pick up. There is a quadra fire dealer near me and I went there today and really liked the quadra fire isle royale. i know alot of the isle royale price is probable due to the fancy look. Are they fairly equal stoves as far as energy efficiency and burn time?

Great stoves, I have the Endeavor and love it. 2 big selling points for me was the bypass for cold starts/reloads and the brick baffle. With the brick baffle you don't have to worry about beating up a ceramic board when loading the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.