Iron strike (country) wood stove S210 performer?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Possum512

Oct 23, 2016
Northern NJ
im new to this and I'm about to buy a wood burner. I was going to by the BK Princess new but the price tag of $3300 has me lookin used. I found a 2002 Lopi liberty in great condition for $1700. I now just found an iron strike S210 performer for $1500. I haven't heard much about the performer so I was wondering is anyone had any feedback on that brand. I'm heating approximately 1800-2000 sq ft and I want to use it 24/7.

The Performer is a well built stove. It will throw out heat(even more so with the fan kit) but will require tending every few hours unless you have a tightly insulated home.

That being said, I was in your shoes a few years ago and ultimately chose the Performer. I have since switched to the BK Princess and hindsight being 20-20 wish I had spent the extra money and gotten the Princess to begin with.

Last edited:
Agreed, the S210 is a great stove, but at 2 cu ft it's a bit undersized for your application. The 3.0 cu ft Liberty would be a better size if buying used.

I have the Liberty, great stove but with all the talk about how great the Blaze king is thats my next dream stove

This is prime time heating season, really if you are looking for a deal you should have started back in the spring, you missed a brand new BK princess on CL a month ago for $2800, was one a dealer got in that did not get installed.

Here is what I would do if I were in your shoes, I would wait at this point. I would call every BK dealer within whatever driving distance is comfortable to you and tell them you will pickup the stove and pay cash, see what they say. If anything you could leave your name/number and tell them if they get one in and a customer backs out you will buy it with cash.

I will help you out, if you are willing to drive a nice Jotul 550 is for sale in my neck of the woods: http://easternshore.craigslist.org/app/5841194819.html

$1700 is high, I would offer them $1500 since it comes with liner.

The C550 firebox is too small.

True, it was just a suggestion.

It gets the OP's feet wet in the burning world, that insert holds value well and can be resold when the OP wants to get a BK, Jotul will hold its value better than the Iron Strike.

Hopefully the OP has measured the fireplace to make sure any of these will fit and meet the clearance to combustibles requirements.

Yes, for $200 more (pre-negotiation) I would go for the Liberty. Just make sure there is room in the fireplace first.

Status
Not open for further replies.