insert install question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

tjcole50

Minister of Fire
Oct 5, 2013
Ohio
Trying to take a break from my stove decision making madness. When installing an insert is there any way to have it stick out further onto hearth? Possibly offering more heat this way unless i am thinking wrong. Also as far as block off plates go what is the desired height? Would putting one up at lintel height be more beneficial or up againsted existing damper frame the proper way? Seems like if it were to be lowered down to lintel height you could stuff even more roxul above it and having it lower would just force more hot air outward into living space? thanks again everyone

If you want it to stick out, why not look at your options for a free standing stove instead of an insert? Just throwing it out for thought.

I can only speak for mine the way it is set up. When attaching the left/right/top for the surround. They are made to attach anywhere from as far back or forward as you wish. They are just bent pieces of metal with holes in them. You drill the holes on the insert and attach, very simple. So, mine I could have it flush or 90% out on to hearth.

Status
Not open for further replies.