Insert help...newbie

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Randyleathers03*

Feb 15, 2022
Illinois
Ok, when do I use the lever on the lower rt? Is this a damper? I heat my small home with a fireplace insert. Is it reasonable to go thru a truck load 1x per week? I typically leave this lever closed....is that right!? I only have it open when lighting/ starting. I pay for wood so I try to have a slow burn. 🔥🔥🔥
Tia

Ok, when do I use the lever on the lower rt? Is this a damper? I heat my small home with a fireplace insert. Is it reasonable to go thru a truck load 1x per week? I typically leave this lever closed....is that right!? I only have it open when lighting/ starting. I pay for wood so I try to have a slow burn. 🔥🔥🔥
Tia
Knowing the model insert would help allot. Pics would as well

Reactions: Randyleathers03*