Inexpensive & Moveable child protection gate

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pellet_Pete

Feeling the Heat
Jan 22, 2014
Franklin County, MA
We have a rambunctious 2-year-old little girl in our care this winter, so I was faced with the need to gate off my stove. I was dismayed by the hard-install fence-type gates that really limit room to load the stove. Plus I didn't want to shell out that kind of money only for her to be back in her home the next week. I prayed to the Amazon search engine for a "metal folding my gate" and I found a line of portable dog pens that were inexpensive, removable and size able enough to give me room to load the stove without burning my arm hair off. It's not enough to fence her out, but she's smart enough to know "hot" - this just keeps her from toddling into a 600-degree chunk of cast iron. Figured I'd share for future distraught parents looking for something less than the Great Wall.

Inexpensive & Moveable child protection gate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lake Girl and pen
Status
Not open for further replies.