In need of firewood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

LONDONDERRY

Hearth Supporter
May 23, 2008
New Hampshire
The guy that I have been using to deliver firewood is becoming unreliable. I called for a May delivery said he'll drop it off next week, no show. I called in August then again in September said he'll drop it off in mid-Sept. no show. Called/text left message no returns. Can someone recommend a person/place close to Londonderry, NH? or a website to see who's selling firewood? Lastley do any of you use more than one person/company to deliver firewood?

The guy that I have been using to deliver firewood is becoming unreliable. I called for a May delivery said he'll drop it off next week, no show. I called in August then again in September said he'll drop it off in mid-Sept. no show. Called/text left message no returns. Can someone recommend a person/place close to Londonderry, NH? or a website to see who's selling firewood? Lastley do any of you use more than one person/company to deliver firewood?

I would highly recommend that you call Jim at Cords R us in derry NH:

(603) 437-8181

he should deliver to you for free, as he does to me in Hudson. He has a 2 cord min, i believe charges $230 per cord. Always delivers exactly 2 cords, and reliable. I would not say the wood he delivers is seasoned, nor does he claim it to be, but it's generally not soaking wet either. If you order a load of mixed hardwood as opposed to just oak, you will definitely get some wood in there that will dry more quickly like ash, maple, birch. he can also have it cut to whatever length you want. I get mine 18 inches

Reactions: Woody Stover
I have gotten a few cords from private sellers on Facebook marketplace. There are a bunch in your area. I'm in Windham and a cord is typically running at $300 delivered.

I have a guy selling log lengths at $100/cord too of you want to buck and split it yourself.

You're going to be very hard pressed to find wood to burn this season. None of the "seasoned wood" I've gotten around here has been anywhere close to ready.

Reactions: peakbagger
woodpellets.com is headquartered in Bedford, NH. They sell bricks. They also deliver right to your house. I've used them in the past, and they were very good. Bricks are a very good option if you don't have seasoned wood.

Reactions: peakbagger
IMHO, buy some bricks for the winter. At this time of the year unless the wood is run through a kiln you are not going to get dry wood from a dealer. On rare occasions someone might be moving and needs to get rid of dry firewood on Craigslist but unless you respond immediately and have a way to move it and then haul it you are out of luck.

That doesn't mean not buying wood to get a start on next year.

Tons of dead ash in the woods around Andover, Ma so I'm sure there's plenty near you. Some behind my parents have up rooted and everything. Find some in the woods and get to work. I also see it on facebook market place and craigslist too.

IMHO, buy some bricks for the winter. At this time of the year unless the wood is run through a kiln you are not going to get dry wood from a dealer. On rare occasions someone might be moving and needs to get rid of dry firewood on Craigslist but unless you respond immediately and have a way to move it and then haul it you are out of luck.

That doesn't mean not buying wood to get a start on next year.
I think I have enough dry wood in my solar kiln, about 6 cords. I still got 1 ton of Enviro Bricks at Tractor Supply at $50 off, just to make sure in case we are getting a cold winter.