I'll be watching this while ya'll are at Woodstock......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

remkel

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jan 21, 2010
Southwest NH
Well, I cannot make it up to Woodstock this weekend, but I will be thinking about all of you as I watch this. Decided to take the new girl out for a full tilt drive today and she responded beautifully! Have fun this weekend!

Attachments

• [Hearth.com] I'll be watching this while ya'll are at Woodstock......
    Full Tilt Stove.webp
    6.1 KB · Views: 260
PapaDave said:
Oh, oh, oh........you meant the STOVE. Got it.

LOL- it's all a matter of interpretation, isn't it?

Remkel said:
Well, I cannot make it up to Woodstock this weekend, but I will be thinking about all of you as I watch this. Decided to take the new girl out for a full tilt drive today and she responded beautifully! Have fun this weekend!

So, how is it comparing to the Vigilant at this point?

Well,

I will say it seems like the Vigilant came up to heat faster than this stove, but then again, I think there is a lot more cast to heat here AND I have not really loaded her to the top. Once it is up to speed, it is much easier to maintain- just set the air control and let her cruise. The heat that it is throwing is CONSIDERABLE, and it throws heat at higher temperature for longer periods of time (again, I have yet to really load her up yet). I am really curious to see how she runs outside of this season in colder temperatures, and I do think I am going to have to install an OAK.

So far I am quite pleased, but the real test will come in the winter months. I am especially curious to see how much wood I go through compared to the Vigilant.

Although, every so often I get a little twinge in the heart thinking about the old girl leaving.

Remkel said:
Well,

I will say it seems like the Vigilant came up to heat faster than this stove, but then again

I suspect that that is because the Vigilant is a single wall stove. The firelight is built a little differently, isn't it?

How are the air controls for should season burns?

BrowningBAR said:
Remkel said:
Well,

I will say it seems like the Vigilant came up to heat faster than this stove, but then again

I suspect that that is because the Vigilant is a single wall stove. The firelight is built a little differently, isn't it?[/quo

they do have burn plates on the sides and back.....that may account for the difference. Either way, it is throwing some heat tonight. Downstairs is 74 at the moment (witht he basement install) upstairs is over 70. Hoepfully it does not climb much higher tonight or the wife will begin barking.

BrowningBAR said:
How are the air controls for should season burns?

Air controls are pretty simple- but one control. Bring it up to the heat you desire- then turn the air control down- very simple.

Looks good Remi! I've avoided a fire so far and not sure if I'll have one for a while yet, but you never know. If it was last year with the new stove I'd be playing with it just like you! Enjoy! Cheers, Jacques

NH_Wood said:
Looks good Remi! I've avoided a fire so far and not sure if I'll have one for a while yet, but you never know. If it was last year with the new stove I'd be playing with it just like you! Enjoy! Cheers, Jacques

This fire was purely for fun, and to play with controls. I did one reload to feel out that process and now the house is 74 degres and climbing......hopefully my wife will be understanding and supportive...

Remkel said:
Well,

I will say it seems like the Vigilant came up to heat faster than this stove, but then again, I think there is a lot more cast to heat here AND I have not really loaded her to the top. Once it is up to speed, it is much easier to maintain- just set the air control and let her cruise. The heat that it is throwing is CONSIDERABLE, and it throws heat at higher temperature for longer periods of time (again, I have yet to really load her up yet). I am really curious to see how she runs outside of this season in colder temperatures, and I do think I am going to have to install an OAK.

So far I am quite pleased, but the real test will come in the winter months. I am especially curious to see how much wood I go through compared to the Vigilant.

Although, every so often I get a little twinge in the heart thinking about the old girl leaving.
Funny you say that Remkel, I felt the same about my DW leaving. Now I have to go pellets. It'll be quite a change. It is far too controlled and artificial to me. Someday I will burn wood again.

Status
Not open for further replies.