I Think My NC-30 Is Happier E/W

• Thread starter Thread starter katwillny
  • Start date Start date
  • Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katwillny

I have spent a lot of time burning this week and it appears that I get much better and longer burns loading her E/W. I have been using 2 year old Black Locust and some 4 year old Oak and I notice that with similar size splits I get a nice bed of coals 7 to 8 hours later with a stove top temperature of about 350 after 8 hours. Its taking me some time to learn this stove but i am starting to reap bounty. Merry Christmas everyone.

Franklin

I know a e/w in my stove will last longer.
The fire seems to have to burn it's way to the back.
N/s load it seems the air can get back there easier.

I have noticed a big difference on E/W it works much better in my stove. The burns last longer.

Unless we get some serious sub zero weather, I'll never be able to get a good enough coal bed and keep the stove hot enough to burn E/W.

-SF

Be happy we have had the milder winter so far. We all know the true winter is just around the corner. I am very happy we have almost gotten into the new year with no heavy snow and above normal temps at least around the great lakes. I do not think you will have to worry to much longer we all know what's coming around here.

HighHeat22 said:
Be happy we have had the milder winter so far. We all know the true winter is just around the corner. I am very happy we have almost gotten into the new year with no heavy snow and above normal temps at least around the great lakes. I do not think you will have to worry to much longer we all know what's coming around here.
From your lips to God's ears my friend. We had a really rough one last year in the NY Metro, one of the worst in my 30 years in the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.