I think my Blaze king princess ultra is missing one of the flame shields in the fire box.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BLAZE82

Hearth Supporter
Feb 16, 2009
north east G.A.
Here is the question that i have, Inside my stove just above the fire brick on the left and right sides, there are thin shields attached but in the back of the stove there isn't one is this the way it is supose to be?

Anybody have any answers for me?

Somebody must have one.
I know my BK King as one in the back.

Yeah I hope some of the guys on here with the bkp ultra chim in and let me know so i can get this fixed if it is missing.

I have the same stove as you and I don't know of any flame shields.

I wish i could better describe it but if you look inside the fire box just above the fire brick retainers there are pieces of metal that i would call flame shields wish i had a camera and i would take pics. in my stove at the back right above the fire brick in the back there is a recess going back about 2" that is where i think I am missing a shield if you notice on the sides of the fire box there is no recess at the top of the fire brick to the top of the fire box it is flush because there is a shield there. this si the best way i can describe this.

Take a look at the "A Little More Heat From the BKK" thread--there's this nice photo of the Princess' (fire)box--I tried to post a link, but it didn't work out. Hope this helps.

Blaze 82, I still have a full load in the stove so will check in the morning when the load disappears. I will reply back in the early AM.
I know the shield's you are talking about now. Yes I have them on both sides and will see if it is duplicated along the back above the fire brick. Hold tight. :coolsmile:

P.S. will take a picture also.

No that makes sense. I just reloaded the stove a little bit ago and checked and how you describe is what mine is like as well.

Nate looking at your picture there doesn't appear to be one in the back. Hopefully when north gets up in the morning he will be able to let us know for sure. Oh and thanks for the replies so far guys.

Morning, and here ya go. No sheild in the rear.

Attachments

• I think my Blaze king princess ultra is missing one of the flame shields in the fire box.
    Heat sheilds 001.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 242
  • I think my Blaze king princess ultra is missing one of the flame shields in the fire box.
    Heat sheilds 003.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 245
Thx for the pic it gives me piece of mind knowing that it's not suppose to have one there.

Status
Not open for further replies.