I have a Pacific energy summit le

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I cut the air back again, and this is how it looks now and the pipe temperature is 317.5 now
Looks very good and the pipe temp isn't to high but it will probably climb. When I was running a tube stoves the the furthest I ever ran it open was about 1/4 open. But it was usually closed all the way

Looks very good and the pipe temp isn't to high but it will probably climb. When I was running a tube stoves the the furthest I ever ran it open was about 1/4 open. But it was usually closed all the way
Yeah, sounds good, here’s another update pipe is 310.1

Attachments

• 69293411510__9D20FBDE-439D-48CC-9647-AAE0D7B08F10.MOV
    1.4 MB
So uninsulated basement is 2800 and house above is another 2800 SF?

Post your stove top temp. Center of the top. Curious. Looks and sounds like you are making good progress.

The plastic barrel has to go.

You are wasting most of your heat up the chimney running it that way. Shut the air back and the pipe temps will drop and the stove body will radiate much more heat for much longer.
Not only that, the greyed stove top suggests that the stove has been overfiring.

Reactions: bholler
Keep playing with it, you’re on the right track. Focus on getting the secondaries going strong so you’re burning every bit of fuel you can. It’ll take a few tries to figure it all out.

Insulate the basement walls. I’ve seen estimates stating 30% of the heat goes into the concrete and into the ground. I bet you’d like to keep that heat in the house!

Keep playing with it, you’re on the right track. Focus on getting the secondaries going strong so you’re burning every bit of fuel you can. It’ll take a few tries to figure it all out.

Insulate the basement walls. I’ve seen estimates stating 30% of the heat goes into the concrete and into the ground. I bet you’d like to keep that heat in the house!
Im
Thinking bout do that next year, this is the secondary burn now

Attachments

• 69300341846__EFE2573F-2835-4547-8D47-DD4B39820107.MOV
    527.1 KB
Did you try setting a floor fan in the cold end of the basement pointed towards the stove? Run the fan on low.

How far down is the air shut in the last vid? What is the stove top temp?

Did you try setting a floor fan in the cold end of the basement pointed towards the stove? Run the fan on low.

How far down is the air shut in the last vid? What is the stove top temp?
20% and it just seems like it used all the air in the house, will a outside air kit be good? And yes, I tried everything and nothing works

Should I add a outside air kit to the stove , seems like all the coals doesn’t burn down will that help with the secondary burn

Basement install? No outside air. It could act like a chimney under the right conditions. Open a window

Yes it’s in the basement
May want to have a look at your owners manual for outside air line installation guidance. Pages 17-19. The intake end of the outdoor air supply line cannot be higher than the stove connection point. As pictured in the manual PE wants the intake end of the air supply line to be lower than the stove connection. Tough in most basements.
How are you running your line?

If you are having problems with excessive coaling (leftover coals) you can try a couple different approaches.

One method is to add a single small dry split to the coal pile and run the stove with full primary air until that split is consumed. This will normally eat up your coal pile to a great degree.

You can also simply open the primary air supply wide open an hour prior to needing to reload. This works well also.
Good luck!

May want to have a look at your owners manual for outside air line installation guidance. Pages 17-19. The intake end of the outdoor air supply line cannot be higher than the stove connection point. As pictured in the manual PE wants the intake end of the air supply line to be lower than the stove connection. Tough in most basements.
How are you running your line?

If you are having problems with excessive coaling (leftover coals) you can try a couple different approaches.

One method is to add a single small dry split to the coal pile and run the stove with full primary air until that split is consumed. This will normally eat up your coal pile to a great degree.

You can also simply open the primary air supply wide open an hour prior to needing to reload. This works well also.
Good luck!
I’m running it out the window

I just realized when I ran my this stove for 12hours it made my house to have negative pressure now
Anything is possible i suppose. Does your outside air line comply as directed in the manual? It's a safety concern.
Can you provide the make and model of interior home pressure tester that gave you this data. Ive not acquired one. Yet. Curious. Good luck!

Anything is possible i suppose. Does your outside air line comply as directed in the manual? It's a safety concern.
Can you provide the make and model of interior home pressure tester that gave you this data. Ive not acquired one. Yet. Curious. Good luck!
Since it’s in the basement I can’t go thru the wall, so this is it right here
and how I got that is “google” With the house operating at what you suspect is a negative pressure, go to a door and open it just a bit. If you stand inside and put your face near the crack in the door, you'll feel the air blowing on you if there's a negative pressure.

“And what is the safety concern ? “

I have a Pacific energy summit le