I don't know if this has been done but......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Northwoodneil

Feeling the Heat
Feb 10, 2012
Land of Cheese
I'd like to try something. I already have a Harman PC45 converted over to pellets only (P 61 burn pot and flame guard) but it still has its original high pressure igniter system and board ( see a post from a couple years ago). Last night I picked up another PC45 sight unseen for $200. The poor old thing has been rode hard and put up wet. I'm pretty sure the board is out along with the air pump. I'd like to put in a P 61 burn pot, platinum board and regular igniter (these 3 items aren't much more $ than the 45 board). Do I just drill a hole for the igniter wires and plug it all in? Seems to easy, what else would need to be done ? I'm trying to get away from PC45 boards and air pumps as they are crazy expensive.