I couldn’t help myself...new Drolet austral II

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

T-roy_

Burning Hunk
Dec 30, 2015
Central Minnesota
Fleet farm has stoves and furnaces 15% off. Plus 10% if you get their credit card and a $25 gift card! I just couldn’t say no for $734. Reg.$999

I couldn’t help myself...new Drolet austral II I couldn’t help myself...new Drolet austral II

Good deal! >> Are you going to run two stoves?

Think this one will go to the lake. Got a detached shop/man cave it will be perfect for. Already insulated the ceiling, walls still need insulation...

That's a great deal. The Austral will be a bit different than the HT2000, but still a good heater for a large area where you want a lot of radiant heat.

I’m curious how well the bypass works. Wonder if it’s one of those features that you never end up using. We’ll see. Probably work great for getting the flue nice and hot on cold start-ups. This stove will see a lot of those.

The bypass is handy for starting fires, especially on mild days when draft may be weaker.

That's a great deal. The Austral will be a bit different than the HT2000, but still a good heater for a large area where you want a lot of radiant heat.
Sound like a good fit for the shop. 1000 sq. Ft. and bare concrete floor.

I’m curious how well the bypass works. Wonder if it’s one of those features that you never end up using. We’ll see. Probably work great for getting the flue nice and hot on cold start-ups. This stove will see a lot of those.
Less chance of smoke roll-out in low-draft conditions.

I’ve been planning ahead. This ash and oak has been split and stacked since 2016. Fuel, check.

I couldn’t help myself...new Drolet austral II I couldn’t help myself...new Drolet austral II

Reactions: Easy Livin’ 3000
This ash and oak has been split and stacked since 2016. Fuel, check
Nice. Lotta Red Oak and White Ash here as well..but the Ash is on it's way out. Accursed Borer. :( I've got several years' fuel for us, but three in-laws are scraping the bottom of the barrel, and I'm the designated wood-getter. :oops: The plan is to get a bunch of dead Ash for my two SILs and have them split small, then sweep the woods for small, dead trees with no bark. Phase II, harvest the dead Sassafras for my BIL's downstairs stove, and try to find something for their upstairs stove (he can heat from downstairs in temperate weather.) Wish me luck. _g

Last edited: