Howdy from Austria! Considering buying an Austroflamm Wien. Curious to hear criticisms, thoughts, and concerns.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I'm from the USA but live in the Alps in Austria these days. We bought a house that has a small wood stove for cooking in the kitchen but am looking for a nice wood stove to make the living room warm and comfortable. I found a good price (€1400) on an Austroflamm Wien. It's a cast iron stove. Here is a link: Austroflamm Wien in English. There is a place to click on technical details. Basically it's a 6kw output stove, on the smaller size at 709mm tall 690mm wide and 582mm deep.

Just got the second chimney checked by the chimney sweep and it's good to go! I also have made friends here in forestry and small scale milling. I do a little work and get mill ends and other firewood in return. I'd like to put that wood to good use.

Anyhow, I welcome criticisms, reasons for concern and so on before I pull the trigger on buying this. Thanks.

Should work ok as a chill chaser. Just be sure that the firewood has had sufficient time to thoroughly dry to the core before burning. For hardwood like oak, this could take a couple of years but with the small split size this stove takes it may take less.

Reactions: fromUSAbutinAustria