How to burn wood pellets in 2006 Auburn corn burner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Where is your outlet surge suppressor??? No point in roasting the board now....
What's a surge suppressor? One of these?

How to burn wood pellets in 2006 Auburn corn burner

Reactions: Ssyko
ok lets close the damper a little bit at a time till the fire stays busy and doesn't go up and down to much.. do you have a window fan you can blow at the stove on low?

sheesh fellas lets just see if we can keep it running on its own for a bit.. we know its gotta have a convection blower already and a surge box. and yeah i'll send some fuses

need new pic of fire!

Depends on how dry the bearings are................ From the overall condition, I'd say dry as a popcorn fart.

Depends on how dry the bearings are................ From the overall condition, I'd say dry as a popcorn fart.

she did oil them but i think they were to far gone :(
previous owner abused the stove thats for sure

What's a surge suppressor? One of these?

View attachment 271817
Ah, no. That is an outlet strip, not a surge suppressor, but I figure 'Santa Ssyko' will address everything in good time.

It's cold here today. I had to bump up my feed rate a notch as the central furnace has been coming on a bit. I don't like firing mine too hard on corn. It burns really hot. Hot enough to kick the high limit snap disc if I get too zealous.

Just keep cooking it. The longer you cook it hot, the more of the 'coagulation' gets removed.

she did oil them but i think they were to far gone :(
previous owner abused the stove thats for sure

it's my contention that EVERY owner abuses their stoves to a certain degree, I know I do but I also maintain it. When it really gets abusive is when an owner beats on one but ignores basic maintenance.
If it has skate bearings those are replaceable and I bet you already know the catalog number.

I'm 'abusing' mine right now actually. It's running pretty hard, harder than I normally run it but it's cold and windy and the price of propane is climbing and I have plenty of free fuel in the barn.

what heat setting are you on? any goo coming out of the pipe?

what heat setting are you on? any goo coming out of the pipe?
I had it on 2 then the stove turned off .
I had to turn it on and off again to get it back on and this time I cranked it to 4.
Yes, the stove pipe is sweating creosote.
Everytime I try to dampen it, it starts to die on me. So I opened back up a bit.
That fan is pulling. I can see little fire jets through the burn pot holes when the fire gets low enough. There's clearly fresh air being sucked in.
And just now the stove shut itself off again.

Reactions: Ssyko and Washed-Up
hook your old blower motor up to the wires next to the stove and just let it run along with everything else and see what it does. new pics of flame. im wondering if its burning out faster than it can feed them put it up on 4 for a bit

Biting my nails to the cuticles...pretty stoked to see it at this point, just got home from work and checked this first ;)

I couldn't get to the damn wires without taking damn back off again as they are too short.
What a mess. But, ya the control panel behaves like it did before with the old fan motor hooked up.
But I can't leave like that.

Attachments

• How to burn wood pellets in 2006 Auburn corn burner
    IMG_20210112_193259997.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 97
set it on an old milk crate or something. hell leave it there just watch the wires

set it on an old milk crate or something. hell leave it there just watch the wires
Ssyko I considered leaving it there, but if it falls I'm afraid that spinning rod and blade will take the cord to the new one with it.
This ancient cracker box has old timey floor joists and everything shakes rattles and rolls when my fat ass walks through the room.:eek:
Ugg. Maybe I can find a bucket.

Reactions: Washed-Up and Ssyko
that works

Reactions: Washed-Up