How much wood?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Yep, the gives you a full cord..4'x4'x8'.

Yeah, but look at all the sun that wood is now getting! ;lol Yeah, I know, sun isn't all that important..
It was shocking how quickly it did dry out yesterday before I restacked it, after being in a heap for the winter months.

Yesterday was a prime drying day, no clouds, low humidity with a light breeze, the wood was dead when cut, but it was plenty wet when I stacked it over the weekend, and by last night, there was tons of splitting and cracking at the ends.

We only get a handful of those days every year, on the bright side, the wood laying down like it was captured maximum drying benefit.