How much? Who do I pay? To rid my life of these advertisements here?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
A new low: an ad slowly dropping down from the top - but not only the first half inch or so (phone screen) - which btw inconveniently blocks access to the menu items, including the bell was the new unseen posts in threads I'm watching...😠 - but now dropping across 3/4 of the screen. SLOOOOOWLY. And I can't click the "go away" (up arrow) button until it is all the way down. And did I mention SLOOOOOWLY going down?

Please. This is user harassment.

How much? Who do I pay? To rid my life of these advertisements here?

I see these creeping into several sites, Facebook is terrible. It's gotten so bad that I rarely use my phone anymore for forums and social media. This is what drove the masses from commercial broadcast TV to streaming. I suspect it will have the same effect to internet sites.

Doesn't the organization behind hearth.com have a say in what ad placement/location/mode is programmed into the website (even if ad content is managed by e g. Google)?

I only knew it was live for 16 seconds and I’m a supporter now. Thanks Hearth.com

When was this announced? I’ve been waiting patiently.
Exactly. @webfish above mentioned it was erroneously rolled out earlier.
There was no update afterwards.

Can the mods/admins make an official announcement?

Found it.

Go to the home page (click on logo above).
Click on the three dots to the right, there was an upgrade now option there to pay, support and get rid of the ads as a benefit.

I never get.to the home page and that option was not visible to me elsewhere on the site.

Exactly. @webfish above mentioned it was erroneously rolled out earlier.
There was no update afterwards.

Can the mods/admins make an official announcement?
I'm glad you found the link. An announcement, front page link, etc. are up to Jim, the owner.