Hey Leaddog.......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

heaterman

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 16, 2007
Falmouth, Michigan
I was down in your neck of the woods this afternoon dropping off a couple Garns. One of the customers is just to the east of you. Had no idea the guy's place was that close to yours or I would have called and drained a few cups of coffee with you. If I get down there again during the course of his install I'll give you a shout.

Thankfully they are starting to move south ;-) I've seen the Garn in person, but I have not seen one installed and watched them burn in person.

Sorry I missed you. Stop in any time, you don't need an invite. I'd love to see the garn running when you get it going if things work out.
One of the good things about being retired is I'm usually around.
leaddog

I'm planning on getting back there when he gets done with the install. January schedule for me is looking like a LOT of 16+ hour days right now though so it won't be soon. The new Garn owner is Jim Smith. He teaches welding at the Newaygo career tech center. He is on the south side of the road a couple miles west of the White Cloud corner. His house is the one with the old glazed brick silo built into the front of it. Way cool! He got his CB taken out yesterday so he's made good progress already.

Have you heard from this new Garn user yet? I drive by his house going to work and just wondered what he thinks of the Garn replacing the OWB.

sdrobertson said:
Have you heard from this new Garn user yet? I drive by his house going to work and just wondered what he thinks of the Garn replacing the OWB.

Jimmy seems to be doing well with it. Being the thinker that he is he has about a dozen ideas for the new control :)
Last I talked to him he was finding that he has to maintain quite high water temps to get adequate heat into his house. Something is going on there because his house is all radiant and he should be able to heat it with pretty low temp water. Last I talked with him a couple weeks ago, he was going to start checking temps throughout his system to see what is happening where. You and your pa should stop in and see him. He did a nice job on his install.

Status
Not open for further replies.